FACS - Free Access for County Sportspeople
FACS is an important sports development initiative which aims to provide County level performers with the support that they require to help them reach their full potential. Under our FACS Scheme, sports people of any age who live in the borough and represent their County or above, in their chosen sport, may be eligible to use leisure facilities in the borough for free to assist with their training.
The Epsom and Ewell FACS scheme is a partnership between Epsom & Ewell Borough Council, The Harrier Centre, NESCOT, and the Rainbow Leisure Centre.
The Harrier Centre, West Ewell
- Free access to athletics track and changing rooms (with availability restrictions).
- Free access to fitness suite.
Rainbow Leisure Centre, Epsom
- Free access to fitness suite
- Free induction to fitness suite
- Free access to swimming pool.
All FACS scheme members:
- Must be actively competing in the current season at county standard or above in their sport and provide a supporting letter from their Governing Body on headed paper confirming their current level.
- Must be a resident within the Borough of Epsom & Ewell
- Must show a valid FACS card on every visit to the facility
- Can only use the fitness suite and swimming pool of the particular centre
- Cannot book free facilities in advance
- If the fitness suite is to be used, the user must be 16 years or over and an induction must be completed and paid for if required by the facility. For the Rainbow Leisure Centre, individuals aged 12-15 years can access the fitness suite as part of the Junior Fitness sessions but only during the advertised times of these sessions.
- FACS membership will not be issued for retrospective seasons. There must be a minimum of 3 months left in the season to be eligible.
For more information on Epsom and Ewell's FACS scheme please contact the Leisure Developments Team.
Elite is Active Surrey’s talented athlete support scheme that proudly assists local young athletes based in Surrey prepare for future Olympic and Paralympic Games. The scheme is for national level athletes aged 14-25 and will give the very best support athletes need to reach their full potential and develop to world class level. Through the scheme, over 30 local leisure centres, training facilities and sports therapists have collaboratively offered discounts to their services in order to reduce the financial burden young athletes face in striving to make it to the very top of their sport. In return, Elite members will become ambassadors for these local facilities, assisting with local events and coaching sessions.
Members of the Elite scheme benefit from:
- Free access to three leisure centres in Surrey
- Discounted sports therapy services in Surrey including nutrition, physiotherapy, sports massage and psychology
- Opportunity to raise their profile through events and PR.
For more details about Elite or to become a member, please visit Active Surrey's Elite web page.
You can also contact the Active Surrey team.
The GLL Sport Foundation
GLL are the largest sport and leisure operator in the UK with over 300 centres nationwide. Under the Better name, currently manage the Rainbow Leisure Centre in the Borough of Epsom & Ewell. The GLL Sport Foundation (GSF) has been supporting athletes for 10 years. The objectives of the Foundation is to:
. To support young sport talent fulfil their full potential
. To provide practical support that is athlete focused
. To use sport talent to inspire others in the community
To date GSF have provided support to over 16,000 athletes nationwide across 117 different sports. 72% of athletes supported are aged under 21 and 10% are Paralympic/disabled athletes. To find out if you are eligible to receive support, please visit https://www.gllsportfoundation.org/ the deadline for applications is 20th February 2019.