Christmas collections information now published
Your collection day - and what bins we collect - may be different during Christmas and New Year's weeks.
Check your Christmas and New Year's weeks collection days here and on the Christmas bin label we will leave on your bin during November/December.
How to deal with waste if you are self-isolating
Mixed recycling in your green bin. Paper; card; cans; plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays ONLY
Glass recycling in your recycling box. Glass bottles and jars ONLY
Textiles, clothing, shoes and accessories in a clear, sealed, labelled bag by your other recycling
Food waste in your food waste caddy. All food waste except bulk liquids (like large amounts of milk or soup)
No packaging, but you can wrap your food waste in plastic bags
Right thing, right bin
- Can I have additional bins?
- What happens to your recycling?
- Help for the elderly or disabled
- Learn more about recycling and waste
- Single-use plastics and the Council
Services to flats
Please see the labels on your bins, and your service leaflet, for full details of your recycling and refuse service.
Current services at the tip
Surrey County Council has introduced a booking service for its Community Recycling Centre (the tip) on Blenheim Road.
Please visit the SCC website for full details of:
- Opening times
- How to book your visit
- Van and trailer permits
- Social distancing arrangements
- Latest updates on what you can take there
The tip is operated by Surrey County Council, to whom any queries should be directed.
- Bulky waste such as furniture
- Local recycling centres
- Help with home composting
- What if the Council can't recycle it?