Christmas collections information now published
Your collection day - and what bins we collect - may be different during Christmas and New Year's weeks.
Check your Christmas and New Year's weeks collection days here and on the Christmas bin label we will leave on your bin during November/December.
Please note there are no garden waste collections during Christmas and New Year's weeks.
Garden waste recycling
This is a fortnightly, chargeable service for subscribers only. Garden waste collections take place fortnightly, on your normal collection day. Get your garden waste calendar. Report a missed collection.
Leave your bins in a clearly visible place at the edge of your property by 6.30am. We work as normal on bank holiday Mondays and Good Friday. There are no garden waste collections during Christmas or New Year's weeks.
Please DON'T recycle:
- Branches thicker than your wrist (three inches/7.5cm)
- Plant pots, trays, bags or any plastics
- Soil, stones or ashes
- Kitchen waste. Due to the risk of cross-contamination with meat residue, any kitchen waste should be disposed of in your food waste bin, even if you grew it in your own garden
Garden waste must be loose and contained within your bin
Do not put sacks or bags in your bins. They cannot be composted and may cause the whole recycling load to be rejected.
We cannot collect bins that are overflowing and dangerous to put on our bin-lifts.
Your subscription and the recent garden waste suspension
Following the recent suspension of garden waste collections for three weeks (20 March to 10 April inclusive) due to coronavirus, all subscriptions in place during that time are being extended by four weeks to ensure you receive the full twelve months of collections that you have paid for. This will mean:
- If you pay by Direct Debit this year’s payment for 2020/21 will be collected as normal, but your 2021/22 Direct Debit will be collected a month later than normal to reflect the four-week extension.
- If you pay by any other method we will simply add four weeks to your existing subscription expiry date, and not require further payment until then.
All households in the Borough can join, as can schools, places of worship and charities. If you live in a flat you may wish to consider communal arrangements. Contact us for details. Collections are not available to businesses.
240-litre brown garden waste bins cost £57.70 each per year if paid by Direct Debit or £63.35 if you pay by another method. There is no limit to the number of bins you can subscribe to. Subscriptions are based on a twelve-month, non-refundable agreement.
A 50% discount is available for recipients of certain means-tested benefits. You must apply for this discount in person at the Town Hall. You must provide an original document as proof of benefits.
Renewing your subscription
- If you pay by Direct Debit you do not need to do anything. We will notify you each year that we are collecting a further twelve months' subscription.
- If you pay by another method we will contact you before your subscription expires, to ask whether you wish to renew it for a further year.
If you move house
- If you are moving out of the Borough please notify us and present the bin for removal.
- If you are moving within the Borough, contact us before the move to advise of your new address and date of move. You must take the bin with you in order for your subscription membership to be transferred to the new address.
Have you tried home composting?
Home composting is a great way to do something in your own garden, for your own garden.
Garden waste at the tip
Information about Surrey County Council's Community Recycling Centre, Blenheim Road