Epsom & Ewell licensed Hackney Carriages can only be driven by persons in possession of a current Epsom and Ewell Hackney Carriage drivers licence. Epsom & Ewell private hire vehicles can only be driven by person in possession of either an Epsom & Ewell Hackney Carriage or Private hire drivers licence
Please see section 4 and Appendix D of the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire licencing policy available in the downloads section below.
All vehicles which are being presented for first licensing may be no older than six years old from the date of application. For older vehicles an exception may be made if the vehicle is considered by an authorising officer to be in an excellent condition.
Hackney Carriage - The vehicle must be fitted with a taximeter that must be capable of complying with licence condition and registering a fare scale approved by the Council.
A completed application form (available in the 'documents' section' below) should be e-mailed to email@example.com along with the following supporting documentation;-
- Insurance Certificate showing the nominated driver is insured to undertake public hire and private hire (Hackney Carriage) or private hire (Private Hire Vehicle)
- An MOT certificate which is no more than eight weeks old from the date of application (an exception is made for vehicles which have covered less than 2000 miles)
- Vehicle Registration Document (V5)
- LOLER certificate (where a lift is fitted for wheelchair access)
- A basic DBS certificate if the proprietor is not a licensed driver with the Council
Once these documents have been validated we will contact you to take card payment and make an appointment to have the vehicle inspected at the Town Hall.