A major emergency can impact on you, or where you live
- Severe weather, for example flooding, heavy snow or high winds
- Health alerts such as heatwave or pandemic flu
- Transport accidents or major fires
- Security related incidents, including bomb warnings and terrorist attacks.
Surrey Local Resilience Forum’s risk register is available to help you understand what risks we have in Surrey:
We work with partners in Surrey to reduce the impact of incidents on residents, businesses, visitors and the environment.
The Epsom & Ewell Borough Council Emergency Plan sets out our framework for responding to major incidents.
There are a number of steps that you can take now to prepare. It is also worth putting a little thought into what you and your family would do during an incident.
Business Continuity Management – Protecting your Business
- Community Resilience – working together
Other useful links
- Civil Contingencies Act 2004
- Community Risk Register
- Find out if your property is at risk of flooding
- Register your home or business for Flood Warnings
- The current flooding situation
- Get ready for winter
- Emergency arrangements
- Business Continuity Management
- Our sandbag protocol
- Vulnerable people