COVID-19 guidance on disposing of waste
Weekly food waste recycling
For all food waste, cooked or uncooked, such as meat, fish, vegetables, bones, plate scrapings. NO BULK LIQUIDS PLEASE such as soup or milk. NO PACKAGING.
You can line your food caddy with plastic bags if you like. Why is it OK to put plastic bags in food waste but not in the green recycling bin?
You can use your silver kitchen caddy to contain your food waste indoors. You can line it with plastic bags or liners. (Please note that we supply a kitchen caddy to new properties but are unable to supply them generally. Both kitchen caddies and liners are widely available online).
Quick guide to recycling
Please don't recycle:
- Bulk liquids like large amounts of milk or soup. This is because it's difficult and messy for our staff to handle
- Packaging. You can line your bin or caddy with a plastic bag or liner. But do not recycle other packaging in this bin. Recycle cardboard, and some plastics.
- Why is it OK to put plastic bags in food waste but not in the green recycling bin?
- Simple tips to reduce food waste
- Recycling out and about
- Can I have an extra bin?
- Help for the disabled or elderly
- What happens to my recycling?
- Learn more about recycling and waste