In order for us to help ensure your project is constructed in compliance with the Regulations and to ultimately issue a Completion Certificate, we must perform various site inspections throughout the course of the build.
Please find below a list of the stages that we would expect to be notified of:
- Excavations for foundation*
- Foundation concrete*
- Damp proof course*
- Material oversite*
- Concrete oversite*
- Drain - when laid*
- Drains - when tested*
- Main structural element, whose failure would be significant (e.g. floor timbers, roof timbers, steel beams etc.)
- Work relating to fire safety
- Work affecting access and facilities for disabled people
- Specific areas of unusual design or complexity
- Occupation - prior to completion*
* You have a statutory duty to inform us of these stages if they apply to your application, failure to comply with the provision of statutory notices may result in legal action.
How to book an inspection
To book a site inspection please phone us on 01372 732000
We will try to inspect the works on the day that you have requested however due to the high levels of inspections that we carry out, we cannot guarantee this. We will let you know what is available when we receive your request.
When building work has been completed to our satisfaction, and provided that we have been notified at the appropriate inspection stages, we will issue a completion certificate. The completion certificate assures owners of property that works have been completed to the required standard. Once a completion certificate has been issued to you, we advise you to keep it in a safe place (possibly with the deeds of your property). This is because when and if you should sell your property you will be asked if any alterations have been made to it, and if there have been, whether you have a completion certificate to prove it was done in accordance with Building Regulations.