This page is used for communicating to council employees in cases of emergency.
In an emergency, check ICE
ICE is our platform for communicating important messages to staff in an emergency.
Information on what we need you to do, instructions, updates, and where you should be working can be found by phoning the Staff Information Helpline on 01372 732423 (732ICE on a phone keyboard) or by visiting the ICE page on our website www.epsom-ewell.gov.uk/ice.
- MET Office UK Weather Warnings
- UK Weather warnings BBC
- UK Power Networks – helps and advice
- Check for flood warnings GOV UK
- Instructions on how to access M365 via the portal
- Effective Working from Home
In emergency or crisis situations...
- You should assume that the council is operating normally, unless told otherwise.
- You should attend work as normal only if it is possible and safe to do so.
- If you are unable to get to work, you must contact your line manager to confirm you cannot come to work.
- If you cannot get into work, you may be able to take unpaid leave, work from home or use annual leave to deal with your absence.
Updates can be accessed via our website (www.epsom-ewell.gov.uk/ice) or by phoning the Staff Information Helpline on 01372 732423 (732ICE on a phone keyboard).
The public will be kept informed through appropriate media outlets by the Communications Team and details of any changes to services will be posted on our website and social media channels.
If an emergency continues for an extended period, we will implement our Business Continuity Plan. This will come into operation if conditions cause acute disruption to travel and/or result in a loss of essential services such as power, water and heating.