Caravan and camping sites

Caravan and camp site licences

 Licence summary

If you allow your land to be used as a camping site by the public for more than 42 days consecutively, or 60 days in a year, you require a licence from the Council. We may attach conditions to a licence.

There are exceptions for organisations that hold camping exemption certificates.

Fees will be payable for applications. The fee is based upon an application and operating fee.  Should the application not be granted, you will be refunded half the fee. Please find our fees here: Caravan and camping site fees.

If you require any assistance throughout the application process, please contact us using the details below.

It is advisable to also check whether you need planning permission. Please use our pre application service for further advice.

Apply online

Apply for a caravan and/or camp site licence
Tell us about a change to your existing caravan and/or camp site

Further information: