Street naming and numbering is a statutory function which we carry out.
Applications are determined by us in accordance with the street naming and numbering procedure. This document outlines the criteria that we need to consider.
Why do we need street naming and numbering?
It is important to maintain a comprehensive standard for street naming and numbering to allow:
- Emergency services to find a property quickly - delays can cost lives and money
- Post to be delivered efficiently
- Visitors to locate their destination
- Reliable delivery of goods and services
- Records of service providers to be kept in an efficient manner.
Who can apply?
Applications can be made by:
- Developers building new homes or commercial/industrial premises
- Developers undertaking the conversion of existing properties to create new residential, commercial or industrial premises.
How can I apply?
Requests must be put in writing to either:
Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
Or by using our eform above.
Where can you access a copy of the procedure document?
The document can be downloaded here: Street naming and numbering policy.