Apply for the test and trace self-isolation support payment
Receiving benefits and working? You may be able to apply for the £500 test and trace support payment.
From 28 September 2020, there is a new legal duty on all UK residents who test positive for Coronavirus or are identified by NHS Test and Trace as a close contact of someone who has and required to self-isolate,to do so. As this new legal duty may impact your ability to work and earn a living, the government has introduced a scheme for those who are having to self isolate which will run until 31 January 2021.
Who can get a test and trace support payment?
To be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500 you must meet all the following criteria:-
- have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because you've tested positive for Coronavirus or recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, and,
- been notified to self-isolate on or after 28 September, not before that date, and,
- be employed or self-employed, and,
- be unable to work from home and will lose income a result, and,
- be currently in receipt of Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Employment Support Allowance, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Pension Credit or Housing Benefit, and,
- your claim is within 14 days of the last day of your isolation
Application will be via our online application form - please see the link at the bottom of this page. If you are not able to access the form please phone 01372 732269.
Before making an application
Make sure you have the following information
- your unique 8 digit Account ID number as provided by NHS Test and Trace
- national insurance number
- bank account and sort code
- details of your employment
- photos or scanned image of your most recent wage slip and a bank statement covering the last month
- if you are self-employed: photos or scanned image of self-assessment returns, trading income and show that your business delivers services which the Council reasonably judges you are unable to carry out without social contact
How you will receive payment
If you qualify you will receive this payment via BACS. The payment of £500 for the period of isolation, per person, is subject to tax. However, you will not be taxed at the point of payment, we will inform Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) of the payment.
We will check the NHS Test and Trace system to confirm that you have been asked to self-isolate. We will also put in place checks to prevent fraud and to ensure compliance. Please see our privacy notice for further details on how we use and process personal data.