Friday, 6 July, 2018
The next few days are set to be very hot with high UV levels. Get information on protecting yourself and those most at risk in hot weather from the NHS Choices website here.
Water companies are pumping extra water into their network to cope with a record surge in demand during the ongoing heatwave. To help prevent any water restrictions, companies are asking everyone to makes a few simple changes to your everyday routines:
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth.
- Taking a four minute shower.
- Reusing paddling pool to water the garden rather than pouring it away.
- Water your garden at night, when it has most benefit, with a watering can.
- Let your lawn go brown – it will recover.
- Wash your car after the heatwave.