Welcome to our Home Improvement Agency.
Home improvement Agencies are local organisations dedicated to helping older people, people with disabilities, and vulnerable people to live safely and independently in their own homes. Our aim is to help our residents (owners and tenants) to access the services that will help them to continue to live in their homes for as long as possible.
We are here to help older people, those on a low income or benefits and people with a disability. We can offer help or advice on such matters as adaptations, repairs, energy efficiency and benefit entitlement and whatever your circumstances. We can visit you at home to help with:
- Advice and help with benefit entitlement
- Adaptations such as stair lifts, level access showers, access ramps
- Help obtaining estimates for work with competitive prices
- Provide a list of reputable local contractors that you can trust
- Handyman Scheme - for help with odd jobs around the home like changing a light bulb or putting up a shelf
- Community Alarm Service - 24 hour help at the touch of a button
- Home security advice - to make people and their homes safe from crime
- Energy efficiency advice - information on grants available to assist to save energy and save money
- Information on other helpful agencies and partners (e.g. Citizens Advice Bureau, Age Concern Epsom).
Here are just some of the jobs we have helped local residents with:
- Fitting hand-rails and grab-rails
- Plumbing jobs
- Small painting jobs
- Adaptations to properties such as stair lifts, level access showers and access ramps
- Energy efficiency, heating systems, insulation and draught proofing
- Minor electrical work
- Roofing maintenance and repairs
- Security measures eg lock changes, door chains and spy holes
- Fitting smoke alarms and home safety advice.
Contact us for HIA services and Disabled facilities grants:
Home Improvement Agency,
Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, Surrey,KT18 5BY
Telephone: 01372 732000