Call for sites 2017
Open 24 February to 24 March 2017
We have begun a review of our Local Plan evidence base documents to inform an update to our Spatial Strategy for Epsom and Ewell. This will guide all future development over the next plan period – up to 2035. As part of this process, we are undertaking a formal call for sites. The call for sites will help identify land within our borough that may have potential for development over this period.
You can submit sites for any type of future use such as employment, retail and community facilities. We will review these sites as part of any forthcoming local plan site allocations.
We will consider sites submitted for new homes as part of our Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA). The SHLAA will be part of our evidence base, documenting our housing land supply to 2035.
Submitting a site
You can submit a site using our call for sites 2017 E-form. Please complete the sections that are relevant to the specific site you are submitting to us.
In order for a site to be considered, complete the E-form and upload a site plan (1:1,250 or 1:2,500 in scale) with the boundaries of the site clearly outlined.
Please send your submissions by 17:00 on 24 March 2017.
Important: Before completing the form, please read the following guidance notes.
- We will consider all sites submitted as part of the SHLAA process. We cannot treat the information you submit as confidential
- Only sites proposing five or more (net) new homes should be submitted
- Please complete the call for sites E-form in as much detail as possible
- Attach an up to date Ordnance Survey based map at 1:1250 or 1:2500 outlining the precise boundaries of the site and the part that you think is suitable for new homes (if this is not the whole site area). Without this mapped information we are unable to register the site
- Use a separate form for each site you submit
- Please do not submit sites that already have planning permission for development unless a new and different proposal is likely in the future.
Please note that even if we identify land in our SHLAA as having potential for housing development, this does not indicate or confirm that we will allocate the site for development or that we will grant planning permission in the future.
If you have any queries regarding our call for sites or the E-form please contact the Planning Policy Team at LDF@epsom-ewell.gov.uk