Street naming and numbering is a statutory function which is carried out by Epsom & Ewell Borough Council.
Applications are determined by the Council in accordance with the Street Naming and Numbering Policy. This document outlines the criteria that need to be considered when naming or numbering any property within the Borough.
Why do we need street naming and numbering?
It is important to maintain a comprehensive standard for street naming and numbering to allow:
- Emergency services to find a property quickly - delays can cost lives and money
- Post to be delivered efficiently
- Visitors to locate their destination
- Reliable delivery of goods and services
- Records of service providers to be kept in an efficient manner.
Who can apply?
Applications can be made by:
- Developers building new houses or commercial/industrial premises
- Developers undertaking the conversion of existing properties to create new residential, commercial or industrial premises.
How can I apply?
Requests must be put in writing to either:
Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
Or by emailing Customer Services.
Where can the public access a copy of the policy document?
The policy can be downloaded from this website by following the link below.
Download the Street Naming and Numbering Policy