Stylesheets are not available for this website in your specific browser


Contact us online
Tel: 01372 732000
 07950 080202

Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
Town Hall
The Parade
KT18 5BY


Follow us onand
Finding out about applications

The Council will publicise applications in a number of ways. 

You can view plans during normal office hours at the Town Hall (Monday to Friday) and Bourne Hall (Tuesday to Saturday).  A planning officer is available at the Town Hall to answer questions and explain proposals between 10am and 11am, Monday to Friday.

Making Comments

Comments should be submitted in written form either by letter or online.  You normally have 21 days from the date of validation to comment.  Please quote the planning reference number as well as the address.

You may wish to support an application, suggest changes to overcome any concerns or raise objections. 

When commenting on a planning application online through the Public Access System please be advised you must register first. Please be aware that your personal details will be made public.  However, your email will not be received unless you register. Public Access can be used to find out what live planning applications there are within a certain radius of a given property and you can receive updates on all applications that you may be interested in.

We welcome your interest.

What happens to your comments

Any written comments will be placed on the application file. 

Letters will not be acknowledged but you may telephone to check they have been received. 

As required by the Freedom of Information Act, written comments are open for public inspection or copying. 

We have to weigh many considerations when deciding whether to grant or refuse permission.  Your views will be carefully considered but may not override other factors.

What happens after the Council has made a decision

You can telephone (quoting the application reference number or address) or look online to find out what the Council has decided.

Only the applicant has a right of appeal so it is important that you voice any concerns before a decision is taken by the Council.

However, if you consider that the Council's decision was flawed, for example because inadequate consideration was given to a relevant factor, you may make a formal complaint through the Council's Feedback procedure

If you are not satisfied with the response having exhausted the Council's internal procedures you may take your complaints to the Local Government Ombudsman.

If you were notified of the application or have submitted written comments we will let you know if the applicant appeals.  We will let the Planning Inspectorate have copies of your letters.

Once work is under way you should let us know if you believe that it has not been carried out in accordance with the approved plans.  We will check the situation and tell you what we are able to do.

You can find out about current applications and submit comments by viewing the online planning system.

page updated: Saturday, 23 August 2014 © Epsom & Ewell Borough Council 2014