Stylesheets are not available for this website in your specific browser


Contact us online
Tel: 01372 732000
 07950 080202

Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
Town Hall
The Parade
KT18 5BY


Follow us onand

This section includes information on what permissions you may require if you are considering altering or extending your property and gives advice on how to make an application for Building Regulation consent.

Our Services

Building Regulations Details of the purpose of the regulations and what building work is covered
Making an application How to make an application
Building Control forms Download the forms you need to make an application
Fees and charges Information on charges for applications (link to pdf files)

Charge scheme

Link to further information on the charge scheme operated by EEBC
Inspection of the building work The types of inspection necessary during the course of the work and details for booking a site inspection
Completion certificates What they are and when they are issued

Temporary structures

How we check the safety of temporary structures in the Borough that will be accessed by the public
Dangerous structures How to report dangerous structures and action we can take
Demolition (buildings) Information on the demolition of buildings
Building Control Query Form Fill in this form to enquire about Building Control
FAQs Frequently asked questions
General Guidance General guidance on methods of complying with the Building Regulations
Approved Documents The Building Regulations Approved documents
Useful Links Other Useful links



Other sites

Planning Portal

The government's online service. Online  Planning applications, general information links to other resources. Guidance on alterations or extensions that can be carried out  to domestic properties  without planning permission.

Party Walls Information on the Party Walls etc Act 1996 and how it affects you and your neighbour
FPWS - Faculty of Party wall Surveyors A non-profit organisation dealing with Party wall matters where a list of Surveyors can be found
LABC - Local Authority Building Control The Local Authority Building Control website which gives advice on building control  and building warranties
RICS - Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors A professional organisation whose members offer advice on a diverse range of land, property, construction and related environmental issues
CABE - Chartered Association of Building Engineers A professional body for those specialising in the building technology,building control and fire safety.
HSE - Health and Safety Executive The executive is concerned with enforcing site safety and monitor the Construction design and management (CDM) regulations
Localsurveyorsdirect A website where Architects, Surveyors, Engineers and other specialists advertise their services

Some projects may also require the added input of other departments and services such as Planning, Fire Authority, Water Utility, Environmental Health and Highways. Please contact us on 01372 732000 or by email at for further assistance.

page updated: Saturday, 16 January 2016 © Epsom & Ewell Borough Council 2016