Epsom & Ewell Sports and Leisure Council is a voluntary group made up of people who are actively involved in sports clubs and organisations within the Borough.
- To promote and pursue excellence in sports and leisure facilities and sports and leisure provision in Epsom & Ewell
- To support individuals and groups to pursue higher standards in sport and leisure.
What do we do?
We hold regular meetings and discuss current activities, projects and ideas. We are regularly consulted as a ‘sounding board’ by the Council on future plans and projects. We provide grants to both individuals and clubs in order to help them achieve their sporting and leisure goals. Additionally, we offer advice on further funding opportunities and lobby the Council and other appropriate organisations on behalf of sports and leisure groups to drive forward issues and concerns.
Epsom & Ewell Sports and Leisure Council also organise the Epsom & Ewell Sports Awards. The sports awards will create a local legacy to reward and recognise the Epsom & Ewell sporting community; from talented athletes and hard-working coaches, to committed volunteers and pro-active sports clubs. For more information, please visit the Sports Awards webpage.
How can you get involved
You can represent your sport or leisure activity on the Sports and Leisure Council. If you are interested in being involved, please contact the Chairman, Cliff Stevens, on 020 8394 2502 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants of up to £500 for clubs and £300 for individuals are available for:
- Individuals seeking to compete or train at a higher level in their chosen sport
- Clubs, towards the purchase of additional equipment
- Sponsorship towards the cost of competing
- Support equipment purchase and training enhancement
- Clubs, towards delivering leisure related activities with a focus on young people.
Recently awarded grants include:
- £150 for an individual towards the cost of entry into an international bowling competition
- £300 for an individual towards the costs of competing in Short Track Speed Skating at international level
- £300 for an individual to gain specific gymnastics coaching qualifications in order to set up a new club
- £300 sponsorship towards the cost for an individual to attend the World Biathlon Championships
- £150 for a karate club to acquire new mats
- £300 for a rugby club towards the costs of a junior rugby festival.
New online grant application forms are now live:
Alternatively, if you would like to complete a paper form, please download from the links below:
The grant criteria can be downloaded below:
For further enquiries, contact the Chairman on 020 8394 2502.
Other Funding Opportunities
The Sports and Leisure Council's Executive Committee are:
- Cliff Stevens, Chairman (cricket)
- Dave Goldsmith, Treasurer (football)
- Ted Maxey, Member (gymnastics)
- Tony Marie, Member (martial arts and CRB clearance)
- Tony Macintosh, Member (football)
- Peter Beddoe (football)
- Community Sports Development Officer for EEBC
- Rekha Bansil, Minutes Secretary.
- Matthew Wing, (Wheels For All Cycling project)