You can fish at the Stew Pond on Epsom Common but not during the close season. This runs from 15 March to 15 June, both dates inclusive. These are stillwaters that are designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest because of their nature conservation value.
A fishing organisation known as the Central Association of London and Provincial Angling Clubs (CALPAC) manages this pond on our behalf. They pay a small rent and in return they bailiff and litter pick around the pond. For further details about fishing at the Stew Pond phone 020 8777 9489.
In order to fish using a rod you will need to obtain a rod licence from the Environment Agency. For more information visit The Environment Agency website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everywhere else on Epsom Common and Horton Country Park is governed with bylaws. This prohibits fishing because all ponds, other than the Stew Pond, are nature conservation areas and any fishing would need to be managed and supervised.
Where illicit fishing takes place on Epsom Common problems of litter, fires and vandalism occur thus supporting the view that fishing requires supervision and management.
There are no other fishing facilities in Epsom & Ewell apart from small private ponds.
However, outside of the Borough within easy reach by car there are numerous fishing facilities available.
Epsom Angling Society is an angling club based in Epsom with places to fish in the surrounding boroughs. Please visit their website www.epsomas.net for further information.
Within Mole Valley there are two fishing clubs:
1. Leatherhead & District Angling Society (LADAS). For more information contact the club by emailing email@example.com
2. Cobham Court Angling Club. For more information contact Tony Banks on 01372 842918.
Reigate & Banstead
Within Reigate & Banstead there are four angling clubs:
1. The Banstead Angling Society. For more information contact Malcolm Corner on 020 8647 7199.
2. Dorking District Junior Angling Club (DDJAC) is an angling club for 8-17 year olds. You can contact the club by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Coaching is available, and members can participate in major angling competitions UK wide.
3. Horley Piscatorial Society. For more information contact Mr Davies on 01293 782696.
4. Reigate & District Angling Association. For more information contact Anthony Slatter on 01737 222749.
Within the London Borough of Sutton the Parks Service does not permit fishing in parks. This is reflected in the bylaws associated with their open spaces.