Stylesheets are not available for this website in your specific browser


Contact us online
Tel: 01372 732000
 07950 080202

Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
Town Hall
The Parade
KT18 5BY


Follow us onand
This section contains information about Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit, including how to make a claim.

Council Tax Benefit has changed
From 1 April 2013, you can no longer claim Council Tax Benefit - as the scheme has ended. However, you can still get help with your Council Tax bill, but the rules are different.

Please follow this link for important information about the new scheme - called Council Tax Support.

For information relating to other benefit changes in 2013, please follow this link - Welfare Reform Changes

Our Services


Making a Claim  What to do to make a new claim for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
Existing Claim Find out about maintaining your existing claim including changes of circumstances, Discretionary Housing Payments and Appeals
Fraud Reporting a suspected benefit fraud
Benefits Calculator Use our online service to find out how much you may be entitled to. Please note that this is not set up to deal with the new Council Tax Support scheme yet
Bedroom Calculator  Use our "Bedroom Required" calculator
Overpayments How to repay benefit
Local Housing Allowance Advice about Local Housing Allowance
Extended payments
Laine students
Additional help when you start work

Information about a court ruling ending housing benefit for theatre/dance students
Related links
Your comments Your feedback, whether a compliment, comment or complaint, is welcomed as the information received can be used to monitor and improve service delivery. However, if you have an issue regarding how we have worked out your benefit award please see our appeal section.

Other Websites

Department for Work and Pensions
Job Centre Plus
The Pension Service
UK government public services
Inland Revenue
page updated: Thursday, 17 April 2014 © Epsom & Ewell Borough Council 2014