Stylesheets are not available for this website in your specific browser


Contact us online
Tel: 01372 732000
 07950 080202

Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
Town Hall
The Parade
KT18 5BY


Follow us onand
Apply online

The EU Services Directive took effect in late December 2009 with an aim to open up the European Internal Market to cross-border trade in services. There is a requirement for Local Authorities to make certain licensing processes available online.

An online portal, "EUGO", has been established so that service providers can source information with regards to doing business within Europe. In the UK, the portal is called UK Welcomes and is hosted by Business Link.

You may need a licence to carry out some activities and businesses. We are responsible for issuing the following types of licences.

Click on the link to obtain more information on the licence type and if appropriate, apply online.

Alcohol and Entertainment licences:
Licensing Act 2003 Overview and Policy
Premises Licences
Personal Licences
Club Premises Certificates
Temporary Event Notices (TENs)

Animal licences:

Animal Boarding Establishment
Dangerous Wild Animals
Dog Breeding Licence
Horse Riding Establishment
Performing Animals
Pet Shops
Zoo Licences

Gambling and lottery licences:

Gambling Act 2005
Casinos and Bingo Halls

Miscellaneous licences:

Auction Premises
Busking licences
Caravan and Camp site licences
Car boot sales
Cosmetic Piercing, Tattooing, Skin Colouring and Electrolysis
House to House Collection
Housing in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
Hypnotism Permit
Motor Salvage Operators
Pleasure boat licences
Private and Public Hire Vehicle Licensing
Safety at Sports Grounds
Scrap Metal Dealers
Sex Establishment Licences 
Street Collection and Sales
Street Trading Consents and Licences 

Further Information

If you require information on any of the above licences, or would like to establish if a licence is required for your business or practice, please telephone 01372 732000 or email us at

Surrey County Council handle:

Building Materials on the Highway licences
Credit Licences
Fire Safety Licences
Scaffold and Hoarding Licences

page updated: Monday, 02 May 2016 © Epsom & Ewell Borough Council 2016