Stylesheets are not available for this website in your specific browser


Contact us online
Tel: 01372 732000
 07950 080202

Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
Town Hall
The Parade
KT18 5BY


Follow us onand
Do I need a Licence?

If you intend to purchase a dangerous wild animal to keep at home, you should first obtain a licence to do so, issued under provisions of the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976, and renewable annually.

The premises and accommodation must satisfy basic standards for the health, welfare and safety of the animals that you intend to keep.  We will arrange a veterinary surgeon's inspection to ensure that the accommodation is suitable.

The licence will be issued subject to compliance with licence conditions and payment of the licence fee.

How do I apply?

Please contact us to request an application form, which must be completed and returned, together with a copy of your Public Liability Insurance policy and the fee (see list of fees) to the Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, KT18 5BY.  You will also be required to pay the costs incurred by the veterinary surgeon's inspection and will be invoiced for this separately.

Download List of Dangerous Wild Animals (pdf - 99kb)

List of the Fees and Charges

Further Information

Telephone us on 01372 732000,

page updated: Friday, 17 June 2016 © Epsom & Ewell Borough Council 2016